We have done a full Covid 19 risk- assessment on the business which can be viewed here.
Guidance for your Covid-Secure visit to Barber Streisand
If you have any coronavirus symptoms please cancel your booking and do not come to the shop. Symptoms are fever, loss of taste/smell, or a new, continuous cough. Information on cancelling your booking is below.
- Please wash your hair before you visit and come product-free
- You are not required to wear a face mask but please bring your own if you choose to do so
- Please be on time, make your presence known at the door, and wait outside to be called in when your barber is available. There is no waiting in the shop but plenty of shelter around the shop if it rains
- If you’re on a bike, please secure it on the street. There is nowhere to park your bike in the shop.
- Come alone, no friends, family, partners, kids or animals
- Please bring minimal belongings, customer items will be stored in disposable bags
- Please do not bring food or drink into the shop, dispose of items in the bin opposite
- If you want to tip your barber please bring cash, they each have a covid-secure hands-free tip jar!
On entering the shop you will be asked a few screening questions then directed to the hand sanitizer and asked to put any belongings in a bag. Disposable gowns are provided and all barbers will be wearing visors and disposable aprons. Per government guidance all stations are partitioned with a transparent barrier, and stations and tools thoroughly sanitized between customers.
We are following the government guidance and wearing visors, but not face masks. There is no requirement for staff or customers to wear a face mask but you may wear one should you choose to do so.
Booking your post-isolation haircut
Things have changed a bit with our processes and bookings to accommodate the new requirements. There’s a lot to impart but we’ve tried to keep it as brief as possible!
Appointment Availability and Walk-Ins
Please book your appointment online in advance if at all possible. We do have walk-in slots available however these are now ‘Wait-Outsides’ as we can no longer have customers waiting inside. If you come as a walk-in we will need to take your details and payment in advance, and you will be asked to wait outside until you are called in (we will be able to give you a specific time so you are free to wander).
To reduce the level of congestion at the till in the shop we are currently taking advance payments online for all bookings.
We will no longer have a ready supply of walk-ins available to fill up available slots, so to avoid being charged you will need to cancel or reschedule no less than 3 hours before your booking. You can reschedule via your booking email, or cancel by responding to the reminder text sent the day before.
Loyalty Cards and Discounts
We will be issuing a fresh loyalty card with every service which can be consolidated with any existing ones. Loyalty cards can’t currently be redeemed but will be honoured at a later date when we are back to normal. Discounts will be granted an extra loyalty card stamp instead.
Please note that we currently have no idea how test and trace requirements will impact the team, we will always do our very best to accommodate you but it may be unavoidable that we have to cancel or reschedule bookings at short notice, or change which barber you see.