We have done a full Covid 19 risk- assessment on the business which can be viewed here.
Guidance for your Covid-Secure visit to Barber Streisand
If you have any coronavirus symptoms please cancel your booking and do not come to the shop. Symptoms are fever, loss of taste/smell, or a new, continuous cough. Information on cancelling your booking is below.
- Please wash your hair before you visit and come product-free
- You are not required to wear a face mask but please bring your own if you choose to do so
- Please be on time, make your presence known at the door, and wait outside to be called in when your barber is available. There is no waiting in the shop but plenty of shelter around the shop if it rains
- If you’re on a bike, please secure it on the street. There is nowhere to park your bike in the shop.
- Come alone, no friends, family, partners, kids or animals
- Please bring minimal belongings, customer items will be stored in disposable bags
- Please do not bring food or drink into the shop, dispose of items in the bin opposite
- If you want to tip your barber please bring cash, they each have a covid-secure hands-free tip jar!
On entry to the shop you will be directed to the hand sanitizer and asked to put any belongings in a bag. Disposable gowns are provided and all barbers will be wearing visors and disposable aprons. Per government guidance all stations are partitioned with a transparent barrier, and stations and tools thoroughly sanitized between customers.
It will be challenging but fun, and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone’s bad hair!
Booking your post-isolation haircut
Things have changed a bit with our processes and bookings to accommodate the new requirements. There’s a lot to impart but we’ve tried to keep it as brief as possible!
If this is your first professional haircut since lockdown please book a 45 minute Hefty haircut to allow us time to deal with the extra hair/ corrections and avoid overunning.
Jess and Seth are back home but we are expecting them to return early August. I’m sure they will understand if you need to see someone else in the meantime!
We won’t be accepting walk-ins or telephone bookings for the foreseeable future, but we will have additional slots available to book online, on the day, every day from 11am
To reduce the level of congestion at the till in the shop we are currently taking advance payments online for all bookings.
We will no longer have a ready supply of walk-ins available to fill up available slots, so to avoid being charged you will need to cancel or reschedule no less than 6 hours before your booking. You can reschedule via your booking email, or cancel by responding to the reminder text the day before.
Loyalty Cards and Discounts
We will be issuing a fresh loyalty card with every service which can be consolidated with any existing ones. Loyalty cards can’t currently be redeemed but will be honoured at a later date when we are back to normal. Discounts will be granted an extra loyalty card stamp instead.
Please note that we currently have no idea how test and trace requirements will impact the team, we will always do our very best to accommodate you but it may be unavoidable that we have to cancel or reschedule bookings at short notice, or change which barber you see.